Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jameson is 5!

I can't believe it, my buddy is 5.  FIVE!!  The jump from 4 to 5 has always seemed monumental to me, but it is even more so when it's my very own child.  I can still remember the day he was born so vividly.  It's hard to believe that the precious little bundle of joy that I finally met in person that day is this amazing soon-to-be kindergartener that I know today.

Jameson has got to be just about the sweetest person that I have ever met.  He has such a tender heart.  I find this equally endearing and terrifying.  Basically, it scares me because he has such a pure soul and I don't want to send him out to be tainted by the cruel world.  But, I absolutely love that his best friends are his brother and sister.  I love that he tells me that I look beautiful nearly every day.  I love how excited he gets about just about everything - whether it's riding his bike, playing a game on the Wii, hanging out with the neighbor kids, learning something new, or whatever.  I basically melt when we go to Lincoln to visit Russell's Grandma (Gigi).  Jameson will sit next to her, hold her hand and talk about whatever he is passionate about at the moment.  

He has such a "joie de vivre" or zest for life.  He is RIDICULOUSLY excited to start kindergarten.  He has no fear about not knowing where he's going.  He just knows he's going to love it.  He is always wanting to sign up for extra classes at school.  And once he overcomes a fear (like going under water or down a big slide), he's the first one to step up and help another child do the same.  And any time I mention being sad about something (like MY BABY GOING TO KINDERGARTEN!!!), he tells me that he'll draw me a picture to make me feel better.  Gah, I love that little guy.


Happy 5th birthday, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment