Monday, November 5, 2012

Surprise!


Knock, knock, knock!

Who’s there?

The Fire Inspector.

The Fire Inspector, w….WHAT!?!?

I’m sure most people know by now that we are applying for our daycare license.  We submitted the start of our paperwork about a month ago.  I received a letter stating as much and informing us that the next step would be the fire inspection.  The letter said to allow some time for the fire inspector to receive the referral and then to schedule our inspection.  About a week and a half ago, I left a voicemail asking him to return my call.  I never heard back, so I called again on Thursday and left a second voicemail.  Monday there’s a knock at the door and it’s none other than the fire inspector!  So, he came in and got started as I tried not to PANIC!  And of course, while he’s here I have two crying babies and two insane toddlers who choose that very moment to LOUDLY chase the cats.

Fortunately, Russell had already installed the additional smoke detector we needed and most everything else was not even an issue because our house is big enough and new enough that it already met the majority of the requirements.  He did inform us that we were, in fact, able to use the bedrooms upstairs as a part of our daycare.  So, that will make the nap time and potential overnight issue easier.  So, we paid the man off….errr, I mean we paid the fee and we passed the fire inspection!  The next steps are some more paperwork and the State inspection! 

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment