Thursday, February 14, 2013

{Loved}

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  It seems odd to say this with my husband out of town, but this may have been one of my best Valentine's days ever!  First of all, look out world, we are raising a true Casanova!  Jameson is going to be a real catch in the romantic department!  He tells me almost on a daily basis that I am beautiful.  He will often find something specific to compliment me on - such as my hair style.  So adorable!!!  But on this particular morning, he woke me up and handed me an envelope.  "Open it," he says excitedly.  I open the envelope to find a green piece of construction paper folded up inside.  On the paper he has drawn two stick figures.  "It's your 'balentine.'  I drew a picture of me and you.  Oh and look, the paper is your favorite color!"  Oh yes, I melt into a giant puddle right there.


Then we talk about what he's going to wear to school.  Over winter break, he went to an at class at school and they painted shirts.  Delilah was also enrolled in this class, but couldn't go the day they painted shirts because she was sick.  So, Jameson decided to paint a picture of Delilah on his shirt.  This in itself is adorable.  But, today Jameson informs me that he wants to wear his shirt with Delilah on it.  I asked him why.  He says "Because I wuv her and she's my balentine."  Oh my gosh, where did this kid come from??  I just love how much they love each other!


As if that wasn't enough, then my daycare kiddos start showing up.  Not only did my kids get spoiled by our daycare families, but I also got a little something from one family.  They told me that I deserve a little pampering.  So sweet to be thought of when I can't be with my Valentine on Valentine's day!  Then I notice that I have a little message from the hubby on my FB page.  This is very out of character for him because he's not a big fan of FB PDAs.  But he stepped out of his comfort zone a little bit to make me feel special.  In addition to that, I also received several sweet text messages today!

Now, I'm sure one of the reasons that I had such a wonderful day was that I had very low expectations.  I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but history has taught me that although my husband may have good intentions, his follow through can sometimes leave something to be desired.  (I will say, however, that when he gets it right, he definitely gets it right!)  :-)  But, I can't even describe my shock when I spy a woman walking to the front door carrying a GORGEOUS arrangement of flowers!  Let me just tell you that Russell has NEVER sent me flowers and I'm fairly certain that I haven't received anything floral from him for Valentine's day since high school.  I was expecting just a phone call today and I was showered with Valentine's day surprises all day long!  

Though we've definitely seen our share of ups and downs, as we navigate this roller coaster of life.  I can honestly say that today I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people who made today a very special day.  I am definitely feeling loved today!  Although, the bar has now been set very high for future Valentine's days!!!  :-)

I think it's safe to say that a good day was had by all in the *B* household today!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment