Friday, October 15, 2010

10%!!!!!!!

In Weight Watchers, there are a series of small goals to achieve on the way to your ultimate goal. You get stickers for every 5lbs you lose and a big sticker for losing 5% of your starting weight. They hand these things out at the meetings and everyone claps for you, it's pretty motivating. However, one of the big goals is losing 10% of your starting weight. They tell us of all of the health benefits that a person will attain by losing 10%, including lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. Additionally, it's an achievable goal and will hopefully help keep you motivated to continue on your journey.

Well, guess what? As of today, I have lost 10%! And I'm feeling really good! In weight watchers, they give you a keyring to commemorate your achievement. And later on, they give you charms to keep on your keyring for other milestones.


So, in honor of losing 10%, I thought a progress picture was in order. I don't know why, but I never too a "before" picture. Maybe because I've taken so many before and never made it further than losing a couple of pounds. This picture was taken in November (actually, I think it was Thanksgiving) the year I had Jameson. I know it's not the best picture with the light behind me, but you can see how big I was.

Aaaaaaaand, here's my progress! It's funny because I was pretty disappointed when I saw this picture because I *feel* thinner than that. However, now that I look at it compared to another picture, I am looking pretty good - if I do say so myself!! :-) And I think it should be noted that the jeans I am wearing are an old pair of size 18 that I haven't worn since before I was pregnant with Jameson. (They probably are a little stretched out, but still!) Yay!

7 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! Congrats on all of your hard work! I need to follow in your footsteps soon! Are you still nursing Delilah? I have heard WW has a program for nursing moms. I am afraid of milk supply if I start "dieting" and really changing the way I eat.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! Yes, Patti I am still nursing Delilah. At first I was worried about my supply as well, but I've been losing about 2 lbs a week on average and I'm still keeping up! :-) If you want some info on WW, I'd be glad to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon-I'd love a little more info. Will you email me? Do they stress just food changes or are they big on exercise? Or the balance of the two?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They emphasize both, I'll send you the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon! You are so pretty! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon that is AWESOME about the 10%. I am actually on WW as well and hit my 10% today as well! Go you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete