Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Define crawling...

Delilah has been trying to move for quite sometime now. She would stretch out her arms as far as they would reach. She would try to push her feet into the ground. And watch out - if she could find something to push off from with her feet, she could really launch herself. I've seen her up rocking on her hands and knees twice. So, I thought we still had a little bit of time before she would be racing around.

The other day, Russell called me into the room to show me that she was pushing off her toes to move herself. Well, today I set her on the ground near my feet and she evidently saw a toy across the room that she wanted because she took off! She wasn't up on her hands and knees, so I guess she's actually scooting? She's pushing off with her toes and pulling with her arms. But she was determined and made it the 10 feet across the room like it was nothing!! Way to go, baby girl!

3 comments:

  1. aw she's beautiful! she is doing the low-crawl like Marines do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Daddy must have taught her that, then! :-)

    ReplyDelete