Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sick! :-(

There has been a terrible cold making its way through our house. I'm not sure where it started, but the kids got it first. I haven't been sleeping a lot with the kids coughing themselves awake. To make matters worse, I get paranoid when Jameson starts coughing because on two occasions he's been coughing, swallows whatever he coughs up, and then throws up. So, I lie awake in bed waiting for him to get sick. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet. But, every day this week I've drug myself to work. I consider calling in, but then I worry that tomorrow will be worse than today, so I force myself to go. Well, today I finally gave in and took the day off. It seems that I have also gotten the cold, but what sealed the deal was when Jameson, whom I've never heard say the word "black" before says it while pointing to the bags under my eyes. Thanks, Buddy. :-) The good news is that I had already taken Friday off to throw a baby shower for my friend, E. I already have everything done or enlisted the help of others, so it should be pretty low key. Looks like, I get another day to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment