Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ephraim is 5 months...and 6 days... :-)

Sorry, things have been a bit hectic and I got a little behind on E's monthly posts.  Eek!  So, as usual, my Buddha buddy is a big guy.  I recently found the stats from Jameson's 9 month appointment.  At that time, J weighed 18.8 lbs.  What??  Ephraim weighs over 19 lbs at 5 months!!  Craziness!  Anyway, as I posted earlier, Ephraim is a rolling fool.  He easily rolls from back to tummy, but he gets frustrated on his belly.  He CAN roll from belly to back, but he has to get mad first.  At bedtime, I let him his fuss for a little while, and he usually goes to sleep on his own.  However, it cracks me up because I'll lay him down with his head facing East on one side of the crib.  Then later, I will go check on his and his head will be facing South West on the completely other side of the crib.  Apparently he's really on the move, but only in secret!  :-)

Ephraim looooooooves attention.  He'll make noises until you look at him and once you do, he'll flash you his big gummy smile.  He also started doing what we call his "happy dance."  He'll shake his head back and forth super fast while flashing a huge smile.  It's pretty much the funniest thing that I've ever seen.  Ephraim seem to be a lover of music.  If he's not happy, he'll often cheer right up if one of his siblings sings to him or if Daddy plays the guitar for his.  At bedtime, I can get his to settle down and relax into sleep by singing softly to him.

Poor buddy has had a rough few weeks lately.  The kids have all been battling this upper respiratory junk for a while.  A couple of weeks ago it developed into a yucky cough.  All of that, plus he's working on his first tooth.  But really other than just before bedtime, he doesn't let it slow him down too much!

Next month, Ephraim will be 6 months and starting solid foods.  Simply unbelievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment