Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tummy Bug?

There may or may not be a tummy bug going around our house! Jameson has woken up the last two mornings crying and pointing into his mouth. This morning I gave him some water thinking maybe his throat hurt. Russell took him downstairs to start breakfast and by the time I made it downstairs, Russell was cleaning off Jameson's booster seat. He said he threw up all of the water I gave him. Jameson didn't really eat much breakfast, he got really whiny, and wanted me to hold him. He then threw up all over me. Ah, the power of a mother's love! :-)

At this point I made J a Dr's appointment and decided to call in to work. Then I took a shower. While I was in the shower, Jameson laid down and fell asleep on the couch. And of course he woke up feeling fine. I still took him to the Dr because I wanted them to check his throat, since he woke up crying. So, of course, today was the first day of Dr. Zimmerman's maternity leave. There was only one Dr. seeing patients and I originally thought it was the one I don't like but, thankfully, I was wrong!

The Dr, of course, could not find anything wrong with J. *I* think (you know, Dr. Mom) he had some drainage and his tummy is sensitive to it. He had a similar, but worse, episode while Russell was in Texas. The Dr said that could be it and recommended that I continue to give him allergy medicine.

I get home and a while later Delilah spit up all down my shirt. I was not having a good day. Later that evening, Russell - who also called in - and I were watching a movie. We were complaining about our upset tummys (mine hurt because I ate too much). All of a sudden, Russell jumps up and runs into the bathroom to throw up. Soooooo, I think there was a tummy bug going around our house! Fortunately, I felt fine and everyone seems to be doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment