Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sleepless in Omaha!

So, in my last post I mentioned Jameson being a sneezing, coughing, mucusy mess. Well I may have left out the part about him not sleeping. Saturday night (Sunday morning?) he woke screaming and pointing to his head. That night he woke himself up several more times whimpering, I ended up sleeping in his bed with him. I *think* I ended up with a grand total of 3 hours of sleep that night. The following nights he would keep me up with his coughing, so I'm sure he didn't sleep restfully. I was paranoid that the coughing would result in him throwing up because he has a tendency to do that. Tuesday morning, after the third night of little to no sleep I made Jameson a doctor's appointment. I was nervous about that because our usual pediatrician is on maternity leave and I had never met the doctor with whom we were scheduled. The appointment went alright, but I do prefer our regular pediatrician. :-) So, it turns out that Jameson had his very first sinus infection and was starting to get an ear infection. I have to say, I think it's pretty amazing that we went nearly 2.5 years without an ear infection! If you knew my history, you would agree! Unfortunately, this is probably not the last sinus or ear infection he will ever get, but on the bright side he was prescribed some Amoxicillin. You know, the delicious pink kind. Russell and I shared memories of taking it when we were younger. Russell keeps threatening to drink it!! Jameson seems to the feeling a lot better and I think he actually got some sleep last night!

However...

little Delilah woke up SCREAMING around 11 or 12 last night. She has always been such a good sleeper, so this was definitely out of the ordinary for my poor baby girl. She was content if I was nursing her and even afterwards, I could rock her and she would sleep. But the minute I got up she was screaming again. :-( I suspected that something was going on, so I felt on her gums and sure enough I felt a little rough patch. Delilah cut her first tooth! We had one dose of Tylenol in the house last night, so we gave her that and she finally settled in for what remained of the night. And I went out this afternoon to restock our Tylenol supply!
I never cease to be astounded by the difference in my two children already! Jameson cut his first tooth at 4 month and his came in two at a time. Delilah is 5.5 months and only has one so far. She's getting her teeth just in times to start solids in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment