Monday, August 30, 2010

Another busy weekend!

My Step-Mom, Ione, retired on Friday, so there was a lot of celebrating to be done this weekend! :-) On Friday, The kids and I (Russell had to work) went to a retirement party at Grandma Onie and Papa Terry's work. We got to meet a lot of their co-workers and ate some delicious brownies. Jameson and his cousin, Hannah, were more interested in chasing each other around. They were a little wild, but they sure were cute!

That evening, we met up with Jon, Kellie and some other people at Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate Kellie's 30th birthday - which is actually today, Happy Birthday, Kellie!

For Christmas, I got my parents a gift card for a photographer to come out and take pictures of the whole family (all 15 of us!!). So, we did that Saturday morning since everyone would be in town. Christine McGuigan came out to the my parent's house to take some pictures. It was no easy feat to get everyone assembled! Jameson started off with a huge crying fit because he wanted to ride the motorcycle (a toy we passed on our way to the area we were going to take the pictures) rather than pose in a picture. So, we got him calmed down just in time for my niece Justice to start crying. She's a pretty particular child (anyone who knew my brother growing up can understand) and is pretty attached to her Mama. Fortunately, the two older grandkids, Hannah and Alaina, were cheesing it up enough for everyone! So, thanks Christine I know it wasn't easy! I'm so excited to see the pictures!

Saturday evening was a retirement party at the lake! It was good food and lots of fun. Russell was able to make an appearance for a little while, but he had his fantasy football draft that evening. (As you can see, he has his priorities...) So, most of the evening was spent with me keeping track of a wild 2 year old with a 6 month old on my hip. How many activity points do you think I earned?? :-) Tyler was teasing me that I had a Justice in the making because baby D would not really let anyone else hold her for very long. Speaking of Tyler, I asked him if he would take some pictures "of party stuff" for me since my hands were full. His wife, Nichole told me that I need to be specific, because if I ask him to take pictures "of party stuff" I will end up with pictures of a water bottle or his butt. So, here's the first picture he took:

He said "Look, there are THREE water bottles!" What a clever guy! Anyway, enjoy some photos of the party courtesy of Tyler:

Grandma Onie took Jameson for a tour around the lake in her golf cart!

A big thanks to anyone and everyone who helped me keep on eye on my wild man. Especially to those who sat in a car or the golf cart with him to let him drive (Uncle Tyler, Uncle Mark, the Schartows, the Fagans, Great-Aunt Denise...I'm sure I'm forgetting someone). It was a big help!

Sunday was a day to rest...well, mostly!

No comments:

Post a Comment